First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!
A new Canadian company branded as Shop.ca is coming to the Canadian marketplace.
Aside from having a great domain name, I think their idea is a good one. Whenever I shop online, I like to deal in Canadian dollars and like to see the shipping come from Canada. It is just easier in my mind to deal with stores in your own country. From their own research, it seems like the Canadian online market is fragmented between many stores, and Canadians on percentage do less of their shopping online than many other countries, even though we are heavy internet users.
In addition to the expected convenience, Shop.ca is giving people $10 towards their first $100 purchase if you join now, plus they have a rewards and loyalty program. They haven't opened yet but are set to launch soon. There is a website up already on the domain.
Does anyone remember seeing the domain name Shop.ca sell, and for how much?
How Shop.ca works:
1. Retailers and merchants sign agreements with Shop.ca to offer their wares for sale through its website. They list and manage the products themselves, and must offer their full catalogue at prices no greater than they themselves charge online.
2. Shop.ca sells the products and sends the orders to the merchants.
3. Merchants ship the orders directly to Shop.ca’s customers within three to five business days.
4. Shop.ca pays a negotiated percentage of the sale price to the merchants after delivery.
5. Shop.ca doesn’t maintain an inventory or warehouse. It pays for returns, but these are sent directly to the merchant.
Shop.ca’s loyalty program - Shop.ca Rewards:
Shoppers earn virtual dollars to be used against future Shop.ca purchases every time they buy a product on the site. They can also earn dollars for writing reviews or referring products on social media that result in purchases by others. With shoppers able to earn up to 2.5 per cent in virtual cash back, “it’s potentially one of the richest loyalty programs ever launched in Canada,” CEO Drew Green said. Shop.ca is also offering additional incentives to shoppers who sign up before launch and refer others to its website.
To read the Globe and Mail article on Shop.ca, click below:
Post a Comment