Friday, May 21, 2010

Bazooka.ca - End user domain sale?

DomainReport.ca

I often list all the .ca domain sales I see over the past week, usually found at DNJournal.com. Sometimes there are no sales, or maybe one sale for a small amount that I don't bother reporting.

This past week there was one .ca sale at Sedo:

Bazooka.ca - $1,100 US

I was going to make a short post about this sale because I haven't posted many sales lately, but first I checked the domain to see where it now resolves.

Today the domain forwards to:

http://www.topps.com/candy/brands/bazooka/index.htm

It seems like the domain is owned by the Topps trading card and candy company, but the whois doesn't show them as the owner. Perhaps the domain hasn't completely changed hands yet, or the new owner is forwarding it to the Topps page for some reason.

When I saw this sale, I didn't think of the gum but rather the bazooka weapon. But ofcourse the Bazooka gum brand has been around forever, and most of us have probably enjoyed some when we were kids.

Regardless, it's nice to see a .ca domain pointing to a relevant site instead of simply being parked after a sale.

-----

2 comments:

  1. Regardless, it's nice to see a .ca domain pointing to a relevant site instead of simply being parked after a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's nice to see a .ca domain pointing to a relevant site instead of simply being parked after a sale.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!