Friday, May 21, 2010

Recession? I still won't give up my...

DomainReport.ca

I will move back in with my parents or to a smaller place, sell my furniture, books or bike, but I'm keeping my laptop and internet!

The recession has made many people cut back their spending on a lot of items, but Yahoo just published an article with 10 areas where people aren't cutting back, or are cutting back less.

Can you guess what they are?

At least four of them are related to the internet, those being internet access, portable computers (laptops, ipads), smartphones and music downloads.

It re-affirms what I've thought for a while, that you can take a lot away from people, but don't take away their connection to the outside world! You need the internet for email, job searching, news, and to socialize with friends. It's just the way more and more people are communicating nowadays. And this bodes well for domain names. If you want to get in on the internet game, you need a domain name to play.

To see what the other 6 items are, you can find the article on my Howl site at:

http://www.howl.com/news

If you want to aggregate your favorite blog posts, videos, articles and any sites of interest on the internet, you can get a free account at Howl.com I just learned about this site and it's new, so grab a great username while you can!


---

1 comment:

  1. At least four of them are related to the internet, those being internet access, portable computers (laptops, ipads), smartphones and music downloads.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!