DomainReport.ca - I just received an email this morning from MyID.ca informing that they will be running more .ca domain name auctions in May and June. There are a few changes to the auctions from last year which are explained in their email below.
I didn't think we'd be seeing any .ca auctions this year due to the economy, but the overall domain market seems to be holding up, with many auctions still running at the major domain conferences. If anything, I get a feeling that the economy is driving more people to get a business online due to lower start up costs and the lull in the job market. If you are out of work, one option is to start your own online business instead of doing nothing. And to get online you need a good domain name to increase your chances of success.
To learn more about MyID and the auctions, please click here to visit their site.
Greetings from Gus and Danny and all of us here at MyID.ca. We are very excited at what we have planned over the next couple of months.
A) MyID Dot Ca Auctions:
1) MyID.ca will be holding a number of dot ca auctions in May and June. These auctions will include on top of our usual auctions, some specialized ones such as no-reserve auction, geo domains auctions, and an "adult" domains auction.
2) The exact dates of these auctions will be announced in the next 48 hours. At that time, an auction calendar will be posted and all authenticated domain owners will be invited to submit their domains and reserve their spots for the next and subsequent auctions.
3) There will be limited spots in each auction for high value domains ($10k+). These spots will be allocated on a first come first served basis to the premium generics with attractive reserves.
4) Each auction will be followed by a 'Post Auction Offer' period that would allow the unsold domains to receive offers.
5) MyID.ca commission is now a sliding scale that rewards frequent sellers with lower commissions (as low as 5%). In addition, frequent buyers are rewarded with cash back incentives.
6) We will allow credit card payment for some transactions. Some restrictions apply. Our ironclad security will not be negatively impacted.
B) Even more BIG news....
We are putting the final touches on a number of additional projects all targeted to .ca domainers. This will be HUGE!
Details coming up very very soon.
Keep a close eye on your Inbox and for now plan on what you would like included in the next auctions.
Here's to your success
MyID.ca Auction Team
Post a Comment