Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Vert.ca and Vert.com recent domain sales

While looking on the Sedo homepage today, I saw that they reported the sale of Vert.ca for $7,595. That's a nice sale for a french word that means 'green'.

I remembered that I recently saw another sale of Vert but in a different domain extension, so I did a little digging on Google and found I was right. Sedo also sold Vert.com for $8,500 in the week of June 2 this year.

Vert.ca - $7,595

Vert.com - $8,500


You don't often see the .ca version of a domain selling for anywhere near the .com version, but there it is. Is this a new trend we should expect to see? Most likely not, my guess is that the buyer is the same person for each of these domains, and they must have some project planned for them, possibly based out of Quebec. And they really wanted both domains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!