Monday, November 9, 2009

Google to Acquire AdMob

DomainReport.ca - It's a sign of the mobile times we're in.

I received an email from admob today telling me that they have been acquired by Google. I think this shows how important mobile advertising is to Google, and therefore how important the mobile platform will be in the future. Google paid $750 million to buy this company that helps to monetize mobile websites.

Up until now the mobile sites I've built have been very simple, but I'm feeling I should concentrate more of my efforts on mobile now because more and more internet surfing is being done on mobile devices and smartphones. And I think it will only increase in the coming years.

Below is the email sent to me from admob, as I use their service on some of my mobile sites:

Today we announced that AdMob has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by Google for $750 million. We are extremely excited about this new partnership and what it means for our publishers.

AdMob’s people, products and tools will continue to work to effectively monetize your mobile traffic – no interruptions. Our product and engineering teams will keep building great products for our customers. Our sales team will keep working with our thousands of advertisers to deliver successful campaigns.

After our deal closes, AdMob will work with Google to accelerate the pace of innovation in mobile and do an even better job for you. We believe this deal will benefit our developer and publisher partners by:

*Building even more powerful technology and tools to monetize mobile traffic.

*Increasing the effectiveness of display advertising on mobile devices by leveraging Google sales team, infrastructure and relationships.

*Improving the already high level of service and support we deliver to our publishers.

You can read more about this deal at www.admob.com/google.

Omar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!