Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tout.com - New Video Social Network 15 seconds

DomainReport.ca

If you are not completely social networked out by now, there is a fairly new video social network you may want to know about.

The name of their website is Tout.com, and I learned about it through listening to the CNBC business news this week, when they had the CEO on.

How does it work?

You join first with your Facebook login, or an email login and password.  Then you can choose a username.

The idea of the network is to create 15 second video clips, using the camera on your smartphone, tablet or computer.  You upload the clip, type something about it, and that is your post.  It is similar to Twitter in that you have a limit to your post (15 seconds), so it is great for short attention spans.  I uploaded their iphone app, and it is really easy to use to create a video clip for upload with an iphone.  If I can figure it out, I know anyone can.

What is it good for?

I can see people using Tout to do video status updates, to show where they are, what they are doing, and to give quick bits of information, and so on.  It is very user friendly, so I can see it catching on.

One thing I would like to see added is a place for a personal website url.  Right now I can't see one, the user dashboard is pretty bare bones.

The best part?

If you decide to try it, there are some really good usernames still available from what I saw.  Chances are you can get a good one or two word keyword combination of your choice.  The site is about one year old, but the first I heard of it was this week.  If you have some spare time, check it out and see how you like it.

----------
Check today's domain deals at Godaddy.com
----------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!