If you have an interest in the Internet and its place in Canada, you may want to attend the Canadian Internet Forum (hosted by CIRA). The CIF will be held in Ottawa on February 28, 2013. If you can't be there, this event will be followed by an online forum.
For more details, see the notice below put out by CIRA:
What is the Canadian Internet Forum?
The Canadian Internet Forum (CIF) national event provides Canadians with the opportunity to come together with leading domestic and international Internet experts to discuss the hot topics that affect the Canadian Internet.
When is it?
- CIRA will be hosting the CIF national event in Ottawa on February 28, 2013.
- The national event will be followed by an online forum, where you will be able to continue the conversations from the day.
What will be discussed?
- From Internet policy and governance to digital literacy and Internet security, the CIF national event will cover the hot button issues that affect the Internet in Canada.
- For a primer of what will be discussed during the event you can view the final report on the 2012 CIF on our public website.
- As a .CA Member, this is another great opportunity for you to have your voice heard about what direction you feel the development of the Internet should take in Canada.
Save the date!
We will be sending out a formal invitation towards the end of January which will provide you with all the information you need to attend the national event, whether in person or via webcast.